Friday, February 14, 2014

Kiwi Strawberry Smoothie


Considering that it is Valentines Day, if I am enjoying a smoothie this week, it better be pink.


Since strawberries, kiwis and bananas turn out to be a match made in heaven, I figured what better smoothie to make than the Kiwi Strawberry Smoothie.  I got this recipe from allrecipes.com. It’s easy to make, tastes delicious and includes ingredients that are not only common but also easy to find.
 
Kiwis are full of Vitamin C and Vitamin K, both essential nutrients for everyone’s body. It’s helps with maintaining good blood pressure and fighting illnesses.
Strawberries also provide you with an excellent source of Vitamin C. On top of that, research proves that this fruit helps with the prevention of memory loss and strengthening of bones.
Bananas are the final main ingredient for this delicious and healthy smoothie. In my opinion, I believe banana is one of those ingredients that help with adding the ‘smooth’ in smoothie.  This potassium filled fruit aids with having a healthy heart. A high source of Vitamin B6, and fibers are other nutrients bananas provide.

To make this recipe my own, I added a bit of mint leaves. The added mint flavor gave the smoothie a fresher taste and made it a healthier drink. Mint is also a good source of several essential minerals, including magnesium, copper, iron, potassium, and calcium.

See the full recipe here and have a Happy Valentines Day.

7 comments:

  1. I love having smoothies in my diet and this recipe looks delicious! I can't wait to try this smoothie out for breakfast this week! Thanks Kendra.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Making this one tomorrow morning! Love love kiwi and strawberry! Needed something nutritious in the morning and also something thats is quick to make!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum! That looks delicious and super healthy! I liked the tip about preventing memory loss, I could really use this recipe, it looks like a quick and easy refreshing way to start the day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It really tastes like heaven))) Thank you for a great tip Kendra.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Kendra, this is a fantastic blog. I love smoothies so much but I always use the same recipe over and over again. Truthfully, I've been losing interest. But now, I can't wait to try out all these different recipes, especially this Kiwi and Strawberry smoothie. It looks amazing, sounds even better and is incredibly healthy. Talk about a winner, my goodness.

    All I got to say is, thanks for helping to make my lifestyle a little bit SMOOTH-ier!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The smoothie trifecta! Strawberries, kiwi and bananas are the best!!! You have inspired my lunch, thanks Kendra!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love smoothies! They are my go-to breakfast and so easy to have while on the go. This recipe sounds amazing!! I love strawberries and kiwi together - I will for sure be trying this out soon. (Lexa)

    ReplyDelete