Friday, February 28, 2014

The Carrot Cake Smoothie


This week I took a smoothie suggestion from a fellow classmate and blogger. This Carrot Cake smoothie was healthy, delicious and a perfect match for my blog.

The recipe was discovered on Pinterest from a website called rightathome.com. Although they’re many different ways to create a smoothie like this one, the recipe I found seems to be the simplest and easiest to make.

It includes carrot juice, pineapple, cinnamon, low fat plain yogurt, honey, and ice cubes.

This was the first time I ever used carrot juice and trying it on its own wasn’t my favorite. However, blended together with the other ingredients I happened to enjoy it.  Carrot juice gives you more than the amount of vitamin A you need. Vitamin A is not only good for your vision; it helps support your immune system, your inflammatory system and your bone health.

Pineapple is low in calories, has a good source of dietary fiber and Vitamin C. As well, contains a variety of essential B Vitamins.

This smoothie is perfect for carrot cake lovers. It has a similar taste but this way you won’t be getting all the carbs you usually get from the delicious dessert.  

See the full recipe here and enjoy!



3 comments:

  1. Carrot juice is usually really good if you start drinking it before summer because it will help you stay tanned for longer. I have never tried it before, but it may become a good spring drink.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kendra! I am thrilled you tried this out. I knew you'd enjoy it...I know I did :)

    Great work:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds amazing! I love carrot cake and I love smoothies - I've actually been adding a spoon of cinnamon to my banana smoothies lately so this is right up my alley - I'm going to give your recipe a try this weekend.

    ReplyDelete