Friday, February 21, 2014

Pineapple Mango Green Smoothie


It’s time to announce that the green-smoothies fad has officially made its way to my blog. If you haven’t made a green smoothie before, don’t worry, the Pineapple Mango Green Smoothie may have a strange colour but I promise it tastes delicious.

I got this recipe from Café Zupas, which like most smoothies has you blend all the ingredients together at once. My first green smoothie wasn’t a good one. The leafy chunks overpowered the fruity flavor, not necessarily the experience I wanted.

Nevertheless, when making this smoothie, I blended the spinach and almond milk together before adding the fruit. This helps with increasing the smoothness in this green drink.

Together, mango and pineapple give an irresistible tropical taste and contain more than the right amount of Vitamin C people need. These fruits will also provide you with dietary fiber and Vitamin A.

The spinach is what makes this smoothie green; it is full of health benefits and a main part of why this smoothie contains a variety of essential nutrients. It is perfect for cardiovascular health, antioxidant health, and even stress relief.

I love simplegreensmoothies.com, they have tons of valuable tips and recipes to making awesome green smoothies. If you need more help on how to make the perfect green smoothie, click here for five tips to get you started.

If you haven’t gotten on the green smoothie bandwagon yet, try this recipe and I’m sure you’ll be hooked.


Get my version of the recipe here, and enjoy!



6 comments:

  1. I've never had a green smoothie before, but I can see myself really liking this one. I love spinach, pineapple and mangos, so I imagine I'd enjoy them all together. I think this will be a good recipe to use for my introduction.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven yet to try a green smoothie as well, but I will definitely try this out. In my daydreaming about warmer weather, I have been craving smoothies and your post has made me think I need to break my Booster Juice mold and make my own! Great post, and thank you for including a link to your own recipe, as well as a website for other options.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love green smoothies - I've got my favourite down to 2 cups of spinach, a frozen banana, unsweetened almond milk and a pinch of mint and cacao nibs. Makes me feel like I'm having a mint chocolate shake. Will definitely be trying this recipe soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gah !

    This recipe sounds and looks amazing. I am a massive fan of healthy hearty cook books and as my magic bullet is my best friend every single morning, I do have quite a bit of experience in the blending department. I'll admit, protein shakes more than anything but the smoothies you have posted so far are really broadening my horizons to adding a little fruity zing here and there.

    I am not sure if you are aware, but there is a small trendy restaurant downtown Toronto called Fresh, they are my favorite place for smoothies and freshly squeezed juice.

    http://www.freshrestaurants.ca/drink

    Also, I LOVE your Pineapple Mango Green Smoothie - I do one very similar, but I add ginger as an antioxidant with flax to boost metabolism :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love pineapple and mango but adding Spinach...that is new. I will trust you that it tastes good. I will try it one day. Thanks Kendra for opening my eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I need to try this!
    Having three of my favourite ingredients blended into one sounds like perfection to me.
    Thank you for the post!

    ReplyDelete